Waiting List Regulations & Procedures
PEERS VILLAGE TRUST (“PVT”)
The PVT operates two Waiting Lists, an “Internal Waiting List” for existing residents who wish to relocate within the Village and an “External Waiting List” for those interested in securing accommodation in the Village at some stage in the future.
The basis on which the Waiting List(s) operate is as follows:-
- The Waiting List application form should be completed and together with the “Listing Fee” of R2000, paid to (EFT) Peers Village Trust, First National Bank, Code 202 109, account no. 62020971455. The application form together with proof of payment must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Mrs Lynda Murphy, Peers Village, Private Bag X2, Valyland, 7978 or it can be dropped off at the Administration Centre. The application will be acknowledged and you will be informed of your position on the Waiting List.
- The Waiting List is operated strictly in accordance with the date on which Applications and Listing Fees are received. Applicants will receive a Newsletter twice a year, including notification of their current position on the Waiting List.
- When a suitable cottage, as specified in the application form, becomes available Applicants will be contacted in chronological order i.e. until a purchaser is secured. Applicants are advised to contact Hilary Morris if they will be away for any length of time, especially if they are close to the top of the Waiting List, otherwise the cottage will be offered to the next Applicant on the Waiting List in their absence.
- Applicants retain their position on the Waiting List even if they decline a cottage when it is offered.
- Purchasers should note that a 10% deposit is payable on signature of the Life Right Agreement and that the balance of the purchase price is due within approximately 2½ months of the date of signature. This is important as the seller or his Estate is refunded out of the purchase price of the new Life Right. There are no transfer or conveyance fees.
- The R2000 is a Listing fee which secures you a place on the Waiting List. It is not a deposit and is therefore not refundable. It will, however, be deducted from the purchase price of a cottage when purchasing.
- The PVT and the Village Board feel that it is important that new residents be able to live in their cottage independently and be able to benefit from the lifestyle the Retirement Village offers. Prior to entry into the Village a new resident will be required to attend an interview with the Peers Village Nursing Manager in order for the Village to assess the medical requirements of the new resident. If for some reason a new resident cannot live independently, but still wishes to come into Peers Village, then a carer, companion or nurse must be employed by them to provide the necessary assistance. In such an event the Nursing Manager of the Health Care Centre, in consultation with family and the family doctor, will assist in the appointment and will manage such assistance to ensure that it is appropriate. In the event that a new resident fails to appoint a previously agreed carer, companion or nurse, then entry into the village may be refused.