Health Care Centre at Peers Village
Located within the grounds of the well-known Peers Retirement Village is the Peers Village Health Care Centre. The Health Care Centre is registered as a Non-Acute facility.
The aim of the Health Care Centre is to provide a superior permanent or temporary Frail Care facility for the frail and elderly, who are recovering from an operation or an illness, or who are too frail to care for themselves, while recognizing the individual needs of each patient.
In addition to the care of the patients in the Health Care Centre, a high priority is placed on the health care and well-being of all Villagers. The Health Care Centre provides whatever assistance Villagers require in order to recover from illness and to remain in good health.
Peers Village Health Care Centre does allow Non-Village-Resident admissions. Should non-village-residents wish to enquire about admission to Health Care, please contact Matron – Sr Elzie Klopper (Ph: 021 787 0204) who will guide you through the process.
Currently Beds are available for non-village-resident Patients.
What is the Ethos of the Health Care Centre ?
- To provide competent, professional care to meet all the health needs of a resident’s daily life;
- To ensure the physical and emotional well-being of each resident;
- To treat each resident with the utmost respect so that they maintain their dignity to the end;
- To motivate residents to be self stimulated, to participate in activities,
and to control their lives, as much as their individual circumstances permit;
- To treat every resident with genuineness, patience, sensitivity, gentleness and empathy;
- To communicate in such a way that every resident feels accepted and that their feelings,
fears and experiences are heard;
- To create a homely environment which generates a sense of pride in all who live, work and visit the Health Care Centre;
- To protect each resident’s confidentiality;
- To do all that is possible to respect the individuality of each resident.
What Accommodation is offered ?